Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Issue V - Super Bowl Picks


Super Bowl Champion

Friday, January 15, 2015

12:17 PM

NC: Which team do you guys think are going to win the Super Bowl and why?

LuC: I was beginning to think you forgot about us. When was the last time you even came to the table?

NC: Yeah, I admit it's been awhile. I've been kinda busy coaching all of you and winning fantasy football championships.

LuC: You won one. And we do all the work, you just point where you want us to be.

NC: Little bit more to it than that, but we're moving off topic. Anybody see the Packers winning it all?

AC: No.

LoC: Probably not, dad.

LuC: Psshhh. You won't be R.E.L.A.X'ing in Santa Clara is all I'll say. Tom Brady will find a way to win another.

AC: Probably. I honestly think his toughest matchup defensively is this weekend against the Chiefs. Lord knows my Steelers won't be able to stop him. But they could keep up with him, if they can get some healthy bodies. 

LuC: Won't matter. Just like getting last year right, New England will be back in the super bowl once again.

NC: You think so, do you? I guess for the sake of Stephen Jackson, that would be pretty special.

AC: You sure do have sentimentality for old players in this league, don't you dad?

NC: No. I just appreciate the players that have put in the work, and I think they deserve a shot at a championship.

AC: I don't. If you need to ride someone else's coattails, why should you benefit in getting a championship ring?

NC: Someday, let me share with you a story about a guy named Karl Malone.

LoC: I like every team in the NFC. Each team could have an argument for why they can get out of the conference. Carolina has the most to prove, because nobody believes they can get to the Super Bowl. Arizona was the strongest team in the league before Mathieu went down. They still have a ton of talent though. Green Bay has a QB that's been there before, and a defense that's playing well since the first Arizona game. Seattle is riding serious momentum.

NC: So who are you picking?

LoC: Arizona.

LuC: Seattle.

AC: Carolina.

NC: Nice to see the love, gentlemen. I'll take the Packers vs the Patriots. Patriots win.

LuC: You're fried. It's going to be Seattle and New England again. Belicheck could use another ring.

LoC: I'll take the Chiefs against Arizona. They haven't lost a game since Jamaal Charles got his really bad owie, but it's made Alex Smith a better NFL quarterback. He seems to love the pressure that's been put on his shoulders.

AC: Carolina and Pittsburgh. Can't really go against my team now that they've gotten to this point.

NC: Who do you guys have winning?

LoC: Arizona. Carson gets the job done.

AC: Pittsburgh. More trophies for the NFL's best franchise.

LuC: Belicheck wants the trophy renamed. I'm surrounded by idiots.

NC: Easy little man. You've been wrong before.

LuC: When? Check the files, I've always been right.

NC: (Checking…) Well, damn it then. I guess Odell Beckham is the best receiver in football. You had a good year.

LuC: Round table narrator should be determined by predicted success. Get ready for a hostile takeover pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment